Safety and health representatives are an effective workplace mechanism for providing participation and improved consultation between employers and employees.
Safety and health representatives are not the same as safety and health officers or coordinators and are not responsible for solving safety and health matters in the workplace.
Election of safety and health representatives
An employer or employee can start the process to elect safety and health representatives.
- number of safety representatives to be elected
- matters, areas or kinds of work each safety and health representative is to cover
- who will run the election and
- how vacancies will be dealt with plus
- if required, matters to do with a scheme
Visit the WorkSafe WA website for more information on registering and training safety and health representatives.