To help achieve the Government’s vision, an Advisory Committee (the Committee) has been established. The committee will include representation from the key public sector agencies and UnionsWA.
The committee will initially be jointly chaired by the Public Sector Commission and the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety.
Its role will be to consider sector-wide matters and data trends, and use these and the committee’s expertise to provide input and advice to achieving the vision.
Further information will be available once the committee is established.
The membership of the Committee was determined by the Government and is comprised of the leaders of the key agencies and three UnionsWA representatives as listed below:
- Sharyn O’Neill – Public Sector Commissioner
- David Smith – Director General, Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- Chris White – Chief Executive Officer, WorkCover WA
- Janice Gardner – General Manager Government Insurance, Insurance Commission of WA
- Jennifer McGrath – Mental Health Commissioner
- Joy Barrett – State School Teachers Union of WA
- Erin Gisborne – Community and Public Sector Union, Civil Service Association
- Hsien Harper – WA Prison Officers Union
The first Advisory Committee meeting co-chaired by the Public Sector Commissioner, Ms Sharyn O'Neill and the Director General Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety, Mr David Smith was held on Tuesday 10 September 2019.
Other attendees present at the meeting were the leaders of the key agencies and three UnionsWA representatives.